28-mar-2016: Welcome to our new server! Faster and less prone to crashing.
Add this page to your book
Remove this page from your book
Table of Contents
This is the primary source for Studioware documentation. Studioware is a project aimed at providing build scripts of the best open source audio editing software available for the Slackware Linux operating system.
It is a powerful suite of multimedia applications for professional audio production, video and photography.
Note: No official (stock) Slackware packages are replaced or removed.
Tell Me More
- Studioware turns your Slackware machine into a full fledged digital audio workstation (DAW).
- Have you ever wanted to record and edit your own music? You are at the right place.
- SlackBuild scripts for 32 and 64 bit systems available.
- Intended User Base:
- Recording studios
- We didn't leave you video pros in the dark either!
- Audio production, video and photography
- A custom tool to make installation/package management easier:
- sepkg - Studioware package builder
Jump straight to Quick Start
Before you begin installation here are a few things you may want to know:
- Studioware has three main series/categories:
These “series” or “categories” can be installed separately or you can do a full install.
'sepkg -q full' will download and install everything (full install).
'sepkg -q audio' will download and install the audio queue/packages.
'sepkg -q video' will download and install the video queue/packages.
'sepkg -q photo' will download and install the photo queue/packages.
Please see Quick Start for detailed installation documentation.
Brief descriptions of the installation tool and where to download it:
- Sepkg - Studioware package builder download sepkg
Quick Start Installation Guide
Tips and Hints
- Originally written by mesa