Table of Contents
This is the primary source for Studioware documentation. Studioware is a project aimed at providing build scripts of the best open source audio editing software available for the Slackware Linux operating system.
It is a powerful suite of multimedia applications for professional audio production, video and photography.
Note: No official (stock) Slackware packages are replaced or removed.
Tell Me More
- Studioware turns your Slackware machine into a full fledged digital audio workstation (DAW).
- Have you ever wanted to record and edit your own music? You are at the right place.
- SlackBuild scripts for 32 and 64 bit systems available.
- Intended User Base:
- Recording studios
- We didn't leave you video pros in the dark either!
- Audio production, video and photography
- A custom tool to make installation/package management easier:
- sepkg - Studioware package builder
Jump straight to Quick Start
Before you begin installation here are a few things you may want to know:
- Studioware has three main series/categories:
These “series” or “categories” can be installed separately or you can do a full install.
'sepkg -q full' will download and install everything (full install).
'sepkg -q audio' will download and install the audio queue/packages.
'sepkg -q video' will download and install the video queue/packages.
'sepkg -q photo' will download and install the photo queue/packages.
Please see Quick Start for detailed installation documentation.
Brief descriptions of the installation tool and where to download it:
- Sepkg - Studioware package builder download sepkg
Quick Start Installation Guide
Tips and Hints
- Originally written by mesa